Friday, July 22, 2016

My 1st Play! by Sephora July 2016

I'm so excited to have finally gotten off the wait list for Play! by Sephora it's been a good few months now. A quick run down, this is Sephora's monthly beauty subscription, the price is $10+tax free shipping. (So for me that's $10.60) There will be 5 deluxe samples and a fragrance bonus sample. A pamphlet showing you everything in the box and tips and tricks on using them. You will also get a pass to redeem in-store for a free one-on-one tutorial and 50 bonus Beauty Insider points with any product purchase during the same store visit. That is in store only and must be redeemed within 30 days, I won't be able to use this as my closest Sephora is 2 hours away... but if you can it's a nice bonus. Lastly you get an adorable "collectible" bag. 
Play! by Sephora
  1. nest Fragrances Citrine .04 fl oz $3
    I'm always a little worried when receiving perfume samples as I am quiet picky. I don't like a lot of the “girly” scents I much prefer the men's fragrances but this is absolutely divine! It is perfect for this season. It has notes of lotus flower, freesia, sparkling citrus, and precious woods. I think its that last one that locks it in for me, I love woodsy scents and this is that with freshness.
  2. First Aid beauty Face Cleanser 1 fl oz $5.50
    I have been wanting try more from this brand for a while now. I always hear such good things about the brand. This cleanser was okay, it was gentle and effective but I still prefer my Avon cleanser just because it leaves my skin so smooth after.
  3. Ouai Wave Spray 50ml $9
    Super excited to try this! I've become so bored with my hair lately and I'm doing the same routine over and over. So I'm hoping this will help me revamp things in the hair department. Also, the smell of this is so good, if I remember correctly she will be coming out with the scent in actual fragrance form.
  4. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer  .25 fl oz $9
    This is around my 5th sample of this product, it's not my favorite primer. I'll use this when my others run out, or take it traveling.
  5. BeautyBlender Blotterazzi this appears to be a little smaller in size, and there is only 1 instead of two. Regular retail is $20 for the 2 and a case. Beauty Blender Liquid Cleanser I am not an oily person so I don't know if I'll get a lot of use out of this but it is nice to try out. I'm also really excited to try out the little sample sachet of cleanser on my actual Beauty Blender.

  6. Benefit Cosmetics Dew the Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer .16 fl oz $4.50
    This isn't a product I ever intended on purchasing, but it is nice to get a sample just to see if your missing anything... in this case I was not. While I do love the Hoola bronzing powder, this is just no good. It is orange... maybe it would look better if you have some color in your skin but as a pale princess this is exactly what I don't want. But at least I didn't buy a full size and regret it.
Benefit Dew the Hoola

$40 value approximately.Overall I am really happy with my first bag and look forward to next months. I am such a sucker for these subscription services so if you have a recommendation I would love to hear it. I'm really considering the Allure Beauty Box. Also, I heard that Macy's is supposed to be coming out with a beauty subscription as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment