Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

I am a drugstore makeup kind of girl. I have always been a cheap/frugal person, even when I have money to spend the way my mind works is I can get 1 high end thing or I can get several cheaper items. Its how I have always been. I have never really had the urge to purchase higher end products because I've found good results with my drugstore purchases. BUT, when QVC had their recent deal with everything on the website being easy pay of 5 I thought now is the time to give a few things a try.



Before
After Application
After Complete Makeup





Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Price: $39 (I got the foundation and brush for this price.)

Packaging:  This come in a large squeeze tube, which I love because you can be sure to get out ever last drop. 

Consistency: Thick, lol. I was a little scared when I first squeezed this out and saw just how thick it was. But, never fear, it certainly doesn't feel heavy on the skin or look cakey. 


Coverage: I feel like this is a truly full coverage foundation.

Color: The shade I picked up is fair sand. (QVCs website only said Fair) I was a little concerned when it arrived and I saw the shade name. I have very fair skin with a neutral skin undertone and this looked a little to yellow, but it actually blends out perfectly. 


Application: I use the brush I got with purchase, the Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush, and this is my preferred method.It blends the foundation out perfectly, doesn't leave any kind of brush marks. Also, because it is so big it makes application super fast.


Finish: Satin Matte... yeah that's what I'd call it. It's definitely not a flat matte and there is no dewy look to it either, but there still is a glow.


Longevity: I have used this both with and without a primer, either way I find it is very long lasting. The packaging claims 12 hour, but I've never worn it that long. I have worn it for a little under 9 hours and it looked the same as when I first applied. I have combination skin and didn't need to powder or blot during the day. 

Final Verdict: I am super happy I finally gave this ago. It gives me amazing coverage, lasts really well, it doesn't sink into my fine lines/pores, it doesn't break me out, and the shade is perfect. I really have been enjoying it and will certainly be reaching to this for those special occasions, date nights, and in general when I want a really long lasting, full coverage look. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment