Thursday, December 22, 2016

Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe Review

This is my first ever Too Faced Holiday palette purchase, I personally love it. I wanted to put this review up because I have been watching a lot of Anti-Hauls lately on YouTube and this seems to be on all of those lists and they all seem to be giving the same reason. That reason is that all of their Holiday palettes look the same, have the sames shades just renamed and rearranged. Also I seen a lot of complaints about the excess packaging. So I just wanted to give me opinion on the palette being that this is my first purchase so I don't have those feelings.


Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe

Anyway.. let's get in to it.
The first thing I saw about the palette that grabbed my attention was the green shade, Central Perk. It looked absolutely beautiful in the pictures that were released. This is in the Eggnog Latte Palette, so lets just start there. This palette is supposed to be eggnog scented, and I would say that to be true. I personally love eggnog so I don't find the smell offensive in anyway. But like with their other "smelly" palettes you don't notice it after application. I found all of the shadows to be smooth and pigmented. I especially love the Peach Cobbler blush. I didn't find them hard to blend or be patchy in anyway so this whole little palette is a win for me. The Cold Brew shade is best applied with a finger rather than a brush.
The next palette is called Peppermint Mocha. This has more of a pinky/purple vibe. Again, all of these shadows were of the quality I would expect from Too Faced and I found zero issue with any of them. I think this is a cohesive palette as a whole. As with all of these, you could easily travel with one palette alone, super compact. This one is supposed to have a peppermint mocha scent, but I don't really smell any peppermint.
Last, is the Gingerbread Cookie pallet. This is the only palette I found issue with, and its actually only one shade, the Black Coffee. This is more of a charcoal shade rather than black, I found it to be a little chalky and it did not blend easily. I would actually avoid using that shade all together as it was just a hassle in my opinion. However there is a dark brown in the palette Cup of Joe, that you could use to easily build depth in a look. So its still a fully usable pallet. This one is supposed to be gingerbread scented but it just smells like vanilla to me. The gingersnap and winter dream shades I find are best applied with a finger rather than a brush.
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe
Too Face Grande Hotel Cafe

So all in all, out of the 18 shadows, 2 blushes, and 1 bronzer... Only 1 single shadow was a flop. This set costs $49 and also comes with a travel size Better Than Sex Mascara. The Chocolate Bar Pallets cost the same amount and contain between 14-18 shades. So I think the price is great, also the shadow pans are larger than in those palettes so its a better value. Plus you get the mascara, bronzer and two blushes. So in my opinion if you don't own any of the previous Holiday sets than go for it. I am personally super happy with my purchase. And as for the outer packaging I plan on storing it with my Holiday decorations and reusing, its really adorable. I think it would look great on one of my bedroom shelves for the Holidays to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment