Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Smashbox Light It Up 3 Palette Set: Eyes Contour Lips

The only products from Smashbox I have tried have been the mascara samples and the primer oil sample that I received via ipsy. So when I saw this little collection I thought it would be the perfect way to try multiple products from the brand. This retails for $45 but I picked it up off of HSN for $29.
This set contains 3 small palettes, [3”x2”]. Each of the palettes have a neon face that says which palette it is. The label on the back of each palette show the names of the products inside. These little palette are also very sturdy, and would travel very well without having to worry about them popping open.


Smashbox Light It Up 3 Palette Set: Eyes Contour Lips
The lipstick palette contains Smashbox's Be Legendary Lipstick formula. There are 3 regular and than three matte. I've not used a lip palette in ages, has to be since High School I'm sure of it. Looks like they've stepped up their game. The mattes in this are matte, like super matte. Like you rub your lips together and it feels like you've powdered them. Not my favorite feeling but if you want a long lasting formula then this are it! The three shades in the 'regular formula are Cognac (warm raisin cream), Pretty Social (light lavender pink cream), and Inspiration (bright fuchsia pink cream). The matte shades are First Time (neutral coral), Jam On It (deep raspberry), and Bing (classic red). For not being a lip palette person this is really nice. I have a retractable lip brush so it would be easy to take on the go without worry about making a mess, and there is a mirror inside.
Smashbox Light It Up 3 Palette Set: Eyes Contour Lips
I think the palette I am most excited for is the contour. It is a miniature version of the Step-By-Step Contour Palette, I have been thinking about purchasing it for ages ever since I saw Emily Noel review it but I just never have. So I am really excited to have this in my possession now. I really love the contour shade, it works great for my pale skin. It has quiet a gray/ashy tone nothing warm here. Then the bronze shade is warm but not orange. Both of these blend so easily they are smooth, not what I would consider a buttery formula but they are definitely smooth and not chalky. The highlight is very subtle, just a touch of glow. There is no discernible shimmer, its perfect for everyday or just if your not into the 'blinding glow'.
Smashbox Light It Up 3 Palette Set: Eyes Contour Lips
And lastly the eyes, this contains the Photo Op Eye Shadow formula. There are 6 shades, vanilla, flamingo, russet, totally nude, amethyst, and dark cocoa. Again this isn't what I would call a 'buttery' formula but it is smooth and blends great. The pigmentation is great zero complaints. The top row is perfect for everyday and than the bottom is fantastic for a more dramatic/smokey eye. Its also a great combination of finishes so that you can get a good feel for the formula. There are 3 mattes, one kind of glitter, and 2 shimmers. Overall very nice.
I think this set would be perfect for anyone who wants to try Smashbox, or even for someone starting out in making up. I think the value is great for what you get. I'm over all very please with this purchase. I would love to hear if there is anything else from the brand that I should give a go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment