Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Wet n Wild 2016 Spring and Summer Collection - My Picks

I'm always afraid I'm going to miss out on these limited edition sets. I've been on the look out for the Spring collection since February! I thought they had already sold out or something because they were never there. Right up until about two weeks ago and they finally set out the display for the Wet N Wild Spring Into The Wild collection... two months later really. lol. But whatever I'm just glad I didn't miss it. Then I went back a week later and they already had the Summer Lost In The Wild Flowers collection in too so I thought I would just lump the two together. (**This post is highlighter heavy just FYI)


Wet N Wild Spring and Summer 2016


Everything in the Spring collection looked great but I tried to only get the things that I will actually get use out of. I'm trying to get my makeup hoarding in check. So while I didn't get any of the nail polishes, eyeshadows, or the temporary tattoos, I did pick up all of the Geometric Highlighting Powders and all three of the Megaliner Liquid Eye Liner.


I love the new Wet N Wild Megaliners, the blue and the purple, so when I saw these shades and some swatches I absolutely had to have them. If you read my last post about the new Wet N Wild products (HERE) then you may recall that I mention this formula is great. It's not gonna last through a rainstorm but through a normal day its going to stay put. These colors are super vibrant and great for pops of color.



WNW MegaLiner Spring 2016
A Case of Blue, Violet Revolution, Trim with Lace
Overall these Geometric Highlighting Powders were actually pretty disappointing to me. The pigmentation isn't great, they are smooth enough, but they just don't give off enough of a glow. Its very subtle.


Wet N Wild Spring Into the Wild Geometric Highlighting Powder

Now the Summer collection. This is where its at. If you can I definitely, DEFINITELY, think you should go out and pick up the highlighters, maybe even a couple back ups since these are limited edition. They are gorgeous. These are your BAM in your face highlighters. They are so smooth, very pigmented, not shimmery, they are just sooo good. If you have the choice between the Spring and Summer highlighters get the summer! 


Wet N Wild Lost In The Wild Flowers Highlighter
Swatched Heavily (MegaGlo Multi-Stick on the far right)
Wet N Wild Lost In The Wild Flowers Highlighter
Lightly Applied (Just the Powders)
There are two shades of the powders which are Precious Petals which is a beautiful champagne highlighter and also Crown of My Canopy which looks a little peachy to me but still so pretty. Even though Crown of My Canopy is actually to dark for my pale skin, its still gorgeous as a "blush topper" to give that beautiful glow. 

I only picked up one of the MegaGlo Multi-Stick highlighters, I have the shade Marigold Round. This is another champagne color, the formula is creamy and blends out super easy. Gorgeous. I will probably pick up the other two shades of this. 


Also in this collection where nail polishes and the metallic liquid lips. I hadn't seen any swatches of the liquid lips before I went and none of the colors appealed to me in the tubes. I have since googled swatches and the only one I might go back for is the Peony Express shade.. but we shall see. I will update this post if I do. 


And that's it, there is my picks of the Wet N Wild Spring and Summer collection. Do let me know if you have picked up anything or what you are most excited about. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment