Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Favorites | Cuticle Softeners

Hangnails are the worst! I have pretty dry skin all over and find it most noticeable on my hands. Particularly around the cuticle. I'll be the first to admit that I don't stay on top of moisturizing like I should. These are the cuticle softeners that help to bring moisture back to my poor fingers.

Sally Hansen Healthy Cuticles Now!, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil, Julep Might Nail & Cuticle Serum




Up first is the most intensive treatment, it is Sally Hansen Healthy Cuticles Now! I work from home for a call center so I use this during the day while working. You do have to wash this one off before applying polish because it is so thick. The TINIEST amount is all you need for each nail. I spread that out on each nail and massage it in then leave it a lone for as long as I can. I reserve this for when I have let my cuticles get out of control, I'm talking hangnails like crazy.

Next, is the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I love the smell of this, I find it super relaxing. I use this one mainly at night if I can remember to put it on before bed. It sinks in nicely overnight and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It is more like a balm instead of a cream so you do have to warm it up for it to apply easily, but I don't find that a big hassle.

The one I use for just a quick touch up if my nails are really rigid is Julep Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum. Now this is $28, the most expensive of the bunch, mine came in a Julep Maven Box so it wasn't full price. I have had it for over 3 months now, granted I do not use it everyday, but seeing as it has lasted me that long I think the price works itself out. (in my mind anyway, lol) This one absorbs super quickly and leave no kind of greasy residue behind and I can really tell a difference right after using it.

Last up, in my opinion, is the best smelling of the bunch. Not that it makes a difference in the quality but its a nice addition. This one I like to use after a fresh new manicure. Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil, this one does leave a little bit of a residue but it does absorb with time. The smell actually lasts for quiet a while as well. Out of all these if I had to pick just one, this would be it.





Have you tried any of these, or is there another you would recommend I try?

No comments:

Post a Comment