Wednesday, January 20, 2016

ipsy December 2015 and January 2016

Things were crazy around the holiday season and I forgot to do a post on my December bag so I thought I'd just include it with this one.

The December bag was actually very cute, red patent with a quilted look. The contents inside really weren't anything exciting...at least to me anyway.


ipsy December 2015

1. Pacifica Power of Love Powerful Color Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red $9.99- The smell of this is very off putting to me. I can't even describe it. The color also doesn't suit me. I did give it a go but it just didn't work.
2. Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer $20 (sample value $10)- I will certainly use this up although it doesn't excite me. I don't have particularly oily lids or that much of an issue with creasing, this did keep the shadow on all day but no more so than when I use a concealer to prime.
3. Peony Shadow Trio $17.95- This is a cute little trio, will be great for travel. The shades are very nice and pigmented. I especially love the gold/coppery shade. This is definitely my favorite thing out of the bag.
4. Marc Anthony Deep Nourishing Conditioning Treatment $7.99 (sample value $1.60)- I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it does smell amazing and I'm always on the look out for a good conditioner. I have very frizzy ends especially when it air dries.
5. Aveeno Daily Moisturing Lotion $6.99-$10.99 (sample value $0.90)- Just your basic lotion, no detectable scent. It is nice and moisturizing I have put this in my hand bag for on the go.

December Value $40.44!! 

Next up, January!
ipsy January 2016

1. Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil $15.99 (sample value $2.67)-Super excited about this. It is quiet a generous sample as well, from what I've heard you don't need much. I've never tried a cleansing oil before so I'm hoping this works out well. 
2. Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub $20 (sample value $0.70...not sure about my math on this one)-This smells just like lemonade, I'm a fan already. The granuals in this seem relatively small so that won't be too harsh on the lips. Just nervous about using I have sensitive lips that react to a lot of products. 
3. theBalm Mr. Write (Now) $17-I have only swatched this so far and it didn't budge! Always a good thing if it stays well in the water line I will definitely pick up a black and cream shade. 
4. Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Lavender Bloom $6-Smooth and pigmented. Excited to try these colors, at least they're not brown. I'm kind of over the neutrals, I have plenty.
5. Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush $15-I'm always excited to get a new brush in these bags. This one I am particularly excited about as I think it will be perfect for blending out colors under the eyes. With light pressure you can be precise with application and the with a little more pressure you can blend it out. 

January Value $41.37!!

I also redeemed some points this month. 
First up is the Coastal Scents Bamboo Collection Dome Shadow Brush $4.95- this feels really nice. The bristles are soft and the handle is a little weighty making it feel super luxurious. Definitely interested in looking more into this line. 
Then I also got the Jouer lip gloss in Rose Glisten $22 full size 5ml, this little sample is 2.5ml making its value $11. This will be perfect to keep in my handbag. The shade is gorgeous and the shimmer isn't obnoxious or gritty. 

Overall I'd say it has been a great two months for ipsy, as always can't wait until the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment