Sunday, January 24, 2016

Things To Do When You're Snowed In

Snow January 2016


Well it took a while to get here but Winter has finally arrived in Eastern, Ky.
I really don't mind the snow if I'm being honest, the ONLY thing I hate about where I live is getting snowed in. I live in the head of a hollow under a hill, now it didn't used to be so bad when it was a dirt road with gravels but since it has been paved as soon as the snow starts sticking we are stuck. Sometimes for a couple of weeks... ugh. That was all well in good when I was young and in school (yay, snow day!) but now I just feel trapped and I hate it. Also there is always the possibility of power outages since I do live in the mountains and trees like to fall left and right under the weight of the snow. 


Anyway, today I thought I would share some things to do when you are snowed in.

Read a Book -- I'm currently reading The House At The End of Hope Street
Try a New Recipe
Exercise -- I love Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners, it is surprisingly relaxing but I still work       up a good sweat.
Movie/TV Show Marathon -- My favorite picks are, the Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games,         Jurassic Park, or just a bunch of 90's movies from my childhood. 
Board/Card Games -- Here are some of my family's favorites- Clue, Life, Scattergories, Rook (of course),
    Phase 10, Monopoly
Get Organized! -- This is the task I am currently undertaking.
Practice a New Makeup Look -- Seen a look on Instagram/YouTube you really like, give it a go.
Do Something Crafty -- Decorate planner, work on Project Life, etc.

And of course the obvious ones, at least around these parts :)
Go Sledding
Go Four-wheeling
Take a Walk, Take Pictures 



Snow January 2016
My Baby Winifred (Winnie)
This is her first big snow, she is just now a year old. She loves it, she just rolled and rolled around. 
Great Pyrenees German Sheperd Mix
Walter - he is my nephew's
He's also a year old.
Great Pyrenees German Sheperd
They're best friends :)
How's the weather where you are? How much snow did you get? I would love to know if you have any other ideas of things to do. Stay Warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment