Friday, January 1, 2016

Things 2015 Taught Me...



This year has been a whirlwind for me. It flew by at times but then during the worst days it seemed never ending. This year has been by far the worst year of my existence. I have never felt such a deep pain both physically and mentally. Not knowing how to get through the next hour without a mental break down. It's been rough. Of course there were good times at the beginning of the year but after my loss nothing seemed to matter anymore. 

Its been a few months now and I've had some time to reflect on all that this year has brought and the lessons that I've learned and thought I would share them today. 

1. Don't allow the bad times to keep you from trying. You have to push forward somehow, you can't give up on what you want. 
2. Hard times truly does make you mentally stronger. I've always been the sort of person who wouldn't say the things on my mind, I was in all honestly a bit of a push over. Not now. Now, I say what I am feeling, give my opinions when asked for, and generally stand up for myself and those around me without fear.
3. There is never a "right" time to start anything. When you decide its time to start something or even finish something then just do it. Don't wait for this, that, or the other thing just do it.
4. If you want something, get it. Another thing I have been terrible at my whole life. I always pick things up at the store and think "Oh I love that, I would really like to have that." but by the time I've made it to the check out I've managed to talk myself out of it and put it back on the shelf. This year I've decided if there is something that I really truly want, even if it isn't a necessity I'm going to get it for myself. This has actually made me really happy this year. Putting myself first. 
5. You always have more time to do things than you think you do. This year I've made good use of a planner and to-do lists. There are days where my lists were really long and I sat thinking how can I possibly do all that. But then once I quit procrastinating and got down to the tasks at hand they were done and dusted with plenty of time to spare. Prioritize! 

I've learned a whole host of other things this year but I think those, for me, are the big ones. I hope 2016 will be a much better year and I'm going to do my best to make sure that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment