Sunday, February 14, 2016

My 2016 Plum Paper Planner & How I Decorate


When looking for my 2016 planner at the end of last year I was really considering the Eric Condren Life Planner, in the vertical layout. However, that was just a bit too pricey for me so I started searching for something similar and came across the Plum Paper Planner.  Now unfortunately I accidentally ordered the wrong one. I ordered the regular planner with the monthly spread and then 5 pages of notes paper, just plain lined paper. (If you want one like the ECLP be sure to order the Regular Planner and not the Monthly and select the weekly layout M-A-E) Since I did mess up I actually just draw in the sections by myself, 1.5" wide by 2" long and it works perfectly. 

I very much enjoy watching Plan With Me videos on YouTube and one of the things I was most excited about was decorating my new planner. I have always loved stickers and scrapbooking but never properly kept up with it. This allows me that sort of creative outlet. Each week I like to mark it out like a mini scrapbook as a way to look back and remember what was going on. Now I don't have the budget for the Etsy weekly kits and things (although I do want to pick up a few pages of icon stickers) so I've had to get creative and make it work with the random stickers I pick up at local stores like Walmart, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc. So far its worked out nicely, I can still do themed weeks. In the future though I do want to try and print out my own stickers.

So I just wanted to share a few of my spreads so far and other planner goodies that I've accumulated.
Love this monthly highlights page, I feel like it really helps me set a plan for the month.
Monthly Spread section, comes after the above pages.
Notes pages, again this is because I ordered the wrong planner. 
Winter spread, I just draw in the boxes myself 1.5"W x 2"L
Lisa Frank-ish
Valentine's Spread
Another Valentine's spread because I bought a lot of stickers. I cut the flags out of washi.
Frozen... just because.
Picked these up from Rite Aid. :)
A few of my newest sticker purchases. I can see this becoming a problem, but I don't mind.
Almost all of my washi came from the Dollar Tree, the glitter washi is from Walmart its the Scotch Expressions Washi Tape, and the smaller rolls came from a set I got for Christmas a couple years ago.
My favorite pens are the Paper Mate Flair Pens in Medium.

&& That's it. Love my planner I look forward to setting up a new week every Saturday/Sunday. Do you have any planner recommendations?

xChristine

 



No comments:

Post a Comment