Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Primers I Love

Primers


I was never in to primers, to be honest I had really never heard of one until I was looking into the Bare Minerals loose powder and the lady at Sephora told me that what they don't show you on television is that you need a primer. She gave me a sample and I've been using primers ever since. That particular primer is a silicone primer that sort of fills the pores and allows the makeup to glide on. The primers I'm going to mention (except for one) are a bit different.

My absolute favorite primer is the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, this gives a bit of a metallic glow to the skin. After the foundation is applied gives a lovely radiant glow to the foundation. I'm not sure if it is the light reflecting properties but I do find this also helps to minimize my pores.

Next is the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Color Correcting Primer Anti-Redness, this is a green primer that helps to counteract redness in the skin. I like to use this when I am having a particularly bad skin day where I have a lot of redness or breakouts. I use one pump and its enough to calm the redness without causing a green or ashy look to the foundation.

One of my newest favorites is the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer, this is lovely for when my skin needs and extra boost of hydration. It feels like an extra moisturizer that plumps my skin up and gets it ready for foundation. It doesn't do anything to help my pores or to boost glow it just feels great.

Speaking of pores, last up is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. It is a silicone primer that I press into the pores around my nose to help fill them in. I only reach for this when they look particularly large, not on a daily basis. But I do love it.

I've really been wanting to try out the Makeup Forever Step 1 primers let me know if you have and what you think of them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment