Thursday, September 22, 2016

Dollar General Beauty Haul

Dollar General Beauty

I thought this would be a nice little idea. I don't know about you but prior to my makeup obsession and having the overwhelming need to try everything, I never thought of trying out the makeup from the Dollar General. Mostly because I'd never heard of it, the smaller brands I mean. But now I'm just curious about everything.



Broadway Eyes False Lashes Flirty
Broadway Eyes 'Flirty' False Eyelashes $2 – these are really nice. They are very light weight and add a little extra to the lashes but aren't overly dramatic. I'm going to pick some more up for sure.
&& To go along with those I picked up the Broadway Eyes Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive in Black $2. This is waterproof, sweatproof, ophthalmologist tested, hypoallergenic, latex free, and formaldehyde free (or so the packaging tells me). This glue worked great, I didn't see a clear version but if I ever do I will certainly snatch it up. Its not really a brush applicator more like a stick, I used the tiniest amount, and because its latex free no need to wait for it to become tacky I just stuck them right on. Now I'm not good with eyelashes, at all. But the combination of these two was so easy. But you do have to be careful when setting them down on the lash bed because it is a black glue.


Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick
Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick $3 each – I have been meaning to pick a couple of these up for a while now to test them out but just never got around to it. The shades I chose are 01 Peach Macaroon, 02 Nude Rose, 03 Sparkling Stone, 11 Blackest Black, and 17 Dolphin. These are flippin' amazing, creamy but matte and very pigmented. The Sparkling Stone is my absolute favorite, its a greige nude that I am all about. These also last a really decent amount of time and I didn't have any trouble with bleeding or patchiness. They have some more unusual colors in the range that I am definitely going to pick up. 


Wet N Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss Rose Gold

Lastly, the Wet N Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss in Rose Gold. I don't know how long this has been out but I'm kind of pissed that I'm just now finding it. This is GORGEOUS! Just as you would think its a rose gold shade, it doesn't have chunky glitter or shimmer and it is not sticky. There were a two other colors close to this that I want to try out now. This pairs beautifully over the Sparkling Stone lipstick as well.
I would love to know if there are some hidden gems that you've found at the Dollar store as well. (I have Dollar General & Family Dollar in my area).

No comments:

Post a Comment