Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Shea Moisture Foundation and Concealer

Shea Moisture Weightless Shea Serum Foundation and Creme Concealer

So first let me start by saying the Weightless Shea Serum Foundation is very pigmented and you only need a small amount. It says that right on the back of the bottle but I didn't listen and my first time trying this was a mess. The formula is thin but packs a punch. Now, that's about all the good I have to say...
I have tried this several times using several different methods trying to make it work. First it never sets, ever, I even tried to apply powder on top but it was still tacky and still transferred. The claim on the bottle is 'natural finish', no-- this is oily. Not even dewy or gives you a glow, this is oily. And that is a statement coming from a very dry skinned girl. With that being said this also clung to dry patches and of course that is emphasized even more when your try to set it with powder. This also settled into my fine lines, caked around my nose, and emphasized the texture on my skin.
 I will say if you are still wanting to give this foundation a try the best application I got was with the Beauty Blender and a mattifying primer. This still allowed for that luminous look but not too oily, but that only lasted for around 3 hours and then it was back. 
As for the Creme Concealer, while the lightest shade of foundation is great the lightest in the concealer has a peach tone to it. While you hope that would be great for dark under eyes, again it is just too slippery. It creased immediately and even when set/baked with powder it still creased. I also use my concealer over my eyelids as an eye primer, but you can't do that with this one. It broke my eyeshadow down which is not a concern I ever have.
I purchased both of mine from Ulta, the FOUNDATION is $14.99 and the CONCEALER  is $11.99.
If you haven't gathered from my review this is not a foundation I would recommend, for anyone. However if you do use this product and love it, I would be interested in hearing how you apply to make it work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment