Sunday, August 9, 2015

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream -- what a name! I have been seeing and hearing about this everywhere. Almost everything I have read has been positive so I was really excited to give the a try.

Price: $29 for 1.18 fl. oz.


Packaging: Squeeze Tube



Consistency: As you might imagine, lol, gel-like. It's quite thick, when I put it on the back of my hand it doesn't run at all. 



Coverage: Sheer-Light

SPF: 30


Color: Opal 01


Application: When I bought this I also got the brush promoted along with it. I do not like it, I find it leaves a lot of streaks. I much prefer to apply this with my fingertips, I find it sinks into the skin much better with the warmth. 


Finish: After first applied it looks very dewy but I find this changes over to a more satin finish when it sets.

Longevity: I can get around 8 hour of wear. 


BEFORE
 AFTER FOUNDATION
FINISHED FACE

Final Verdict: ...well, I have mixed feelings on this really. It does a good job at minimizing the redness in my cheeks. I doesn't sink into fine lines or accentuate my pores. However, when I first tried it out I had some dry patches on my face but figured since it is supposed to by Hydrating that it wouldn't be a problem. It was, it really emphasized those places and just wasn't smooth and not as luminous as I was expecting. I tried it several more times after that and got the same results. 


About a week ago I got a new facial scrub and it smoothed out my skin beautifully. I moisturized well that night and then the next morning I woke and my skin was still smooth with no dry patches so I decided to give this another try. I loved it! The main reason I chose to wear it was because of the SPF 30 factor since I was going to an outdoor back to school event with my nephew. This foundation wore beautifully, even though it was so hot and humid and I was pouring with sweat it seem to maintain a lovely light coverage skin like appearance. 


I don't find that it moisturizes my skin but I do love it as a nice light coverage base with a high SPF. So I will continue to wear this throughout the Summer months, at least when my skin is properly moisturized and free of any dry patches. 


Have you tried this? Do you feel like it lives up to the hype?




No comments:

Post a Comment