Sunday, October 25, 2015

Emergency Makeup Purchase, Under $20

Makeup under $20

We had to make an unexpected trip a few weeks ago and under the circumstances I wasn't really thinking about what I was packing. We were just in a rush to get on the road. 

After arriving to our destination I realized I had forgotten ALL of my makeup. I brought nothing. :(
So it was a quick trip to Rite-Aid to pick up just a few bits to get me through the week. Everything is Wet n' Wild with the exception of the Jesse's Girl palette which was actually laying on the Wet n' Wild stand. Everything thing together came to around $19 and some change, including tax.

So I thought I would let you know my thoughts on each of these as they were all new to me.

First and the WORST is the Wet n' Wild Coverall Foundation. Now keep in mind I was applying this with my fingers and haven't tried it since. The shade was pretty good, very fair. The problem was the formula, this is soooo thick and I tried to rub it in as best I could. Turns out the more you rub it the stickier it gets and it actually started to ball up on itself. I recommend to give this a pass.

Wet n' Wild Brow Pencil in 621A Blonde Moments This is a nice brow pencil, pigmented and not too hard or soft plus it has a spooly on the other end. The only problem I have with this is the shade, this has a little too much warmth to suit my brows. I'm definitely going to pass this on to my mom though, she's a strawberry blonde and I think this will be perfect for her.

Wet n' Wild Mega Protein Waterproof Mascara

Jesse's Girl Sounds of the City Collection eyeshadow palette and Wet n' Wild eyeshadow Brush - I really love both of these. Total steal on the eyeshadow palette I believe it was $5.99. There are 10 shades all neutral but a nice range from light to dark and a mixture of shimmer and matte. The pigment is great and the shadows are smooth. The brush is really great too, you can use it to pack the shadow on and also blend it out as it is pretty fluffy. I have actually picked up to more of these.

The last thing is the Wet n' Wild Balm Stain in Rico Mauve, love this. Its super smooth, great pigmentation, and a gorgeous shade. I now wear this as my go-to, everyday shade. I'm thinking I will see if there are any other colors in the range that appeal to me and pick those up as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment