Sunday, January 31, 2016

Everyday Beauty Heroes

Beauty Heroes


We all have those products that we reach for every single day. They aren't particularly glamorous and don't get a lot of recognition so today I thought I would change that ;)

Shaving! The razors that I reach for every time without fail. The ones that I will go and ask a store associate for if they are not on the shelves. The ones that I have used for 10 years. I am talking about the Noxzema Spa Shave 4-Blade Disposable Razors. These things.. oh.my.gosh! I first discovered these in college and picked them up purely because of the low price tag. I get mine from Walmart and they are right at $5 but are almost always on sale for $3.96 and you can often times find coupons for $2 off. Although these razors are disposable I find if you don't leave them sitting in water you can use one for at least 2 months. These come in packs of 4 so that's 8 months of shaving for $5 or less. Bargain! Now on to the important stuff lol, these blades are sharp but there is enough of a moisturizing pad that you don't have to be too incredibly careful. The head does pivot and it adjusts to the contours of your body. This also works really well in the bikini-area. I never have issues with razor burn or ingrown hairs. So next time you're in need of new razors give these a go.

Shaving Gel! I love, love, love the Avon Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Moisturizing Silky Stay Shave Gel. Whew. This is really nice, it stays on your legs without running. It does actually feel moisturizing and of course prevents razor burn. This is enriched with shea butter and meadowfoam oil.

Deodorant! I have a dedicated post to my all time favorite deodorant which is the Degree Dry Protection in Shower Clean. This keeps me dry all day and when I do work up a good sweat the scent actually gets stronger. This is another product I have been going to for 10 years. No regrets. 

Polish Remover! Equate 100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover. I know that this isn't the best thing to use on nails but I really only use it once a week and it takes polish off almost instantly with no effort. It is amazing at removing glitter too! I do make sure to moisturize very well after using though as it can dry my cuticles out.

Toothpaste! I do brush my teeth daily however the toothpaste I'm going to mention is a bit of a cheat. I don't use this everyday but it is definitely one of my beauty heroes, the Rembrandt Canker Sore toothpaste. I have quiet a sensitive mouth, especially when it comes to acidic foods like oranges, tomatoes etc. So I get ulcers pretty often and if you have ever suffered from those you know how painful it can be. This toothpaste doesn't foam up like a normal toothpaste and it also does not have a very strong mint sensation. I love it! Unfortunately it has been discontinued as it wasn't a very popular sell. I have a some back ups but I would love to know if you have any other recommendations.

Straighteners! GVP 1 inch Flat Iron from Sally's Beauty Supply. I actually got this from my cousin 5 years ago and it still works like its brand new. It gets hot nearly instantly. The plug in cord is on a swivel which I freaking love. The plates are so smooth, my hair never gets caught on them. If I have the patience I can easily do curls that will last for several days. 

These are products that I can't imagine being without. What are your everyday beauty heroes?



No comments:

Post a Comment